Jamie Hogsett

Old = New by Jamie Hogsett

10:03 AM






















The new challenge for the Artbeads.com Design Partners is "What's Old is New Again" - it's a fun challenge that asked us to use something old and vintage combined with something new and modern. I knew right away what I would use for my "old" item: this beetle pendant that my mom wore back in her college days. I've had it in my bead stash for years and, with the current trend of long necklaces with large pendants, now seems like the perfect time to use it.

The "new" items are a Crystallized Swarovski Elements organic cosmic triangle in bronze shade (note how it mimics the shapes on the beetle's back), faceted rounds in olivine, helix beads in mint alabaster, briolettes in chrysolite opal, and simplicity beads in khaki; gunmetal chain and findings; and Soft Flex Beading Wire .019 diameter in Chrysoprase. I'm absolutely loving the way the shades of green crystal beads and wire blend with the cosmic triangle and the gunmetal. The whole piece feels fresh and organic. It's the perfect necklace to wear to the block party I'm attending this weekend. I'd better start planning the rest of the look now. Getting new shoes to wear with the new necklace is a good start, right??


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company and a Create Your Style with Swarovski Elements Ambassador. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.


Disclaimer: The crystal beads and gunmetal chain and findings were gifted to me by Artbeads.com as part of their blogging program. I am not compensated by them for my review of their products.

You Might Also Like

1 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. That beetle looks an awful lot like a ladybug beetle. I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers