Copying - Part 2

9:00 AM

This is the second post where I have written about the frustration of being copied. Click here for the first. Have you ever had a known competitor and copier of your ideas take photos of your booth or products right in front of you at a show? Whether this has or has not happened to you, how would you react?

In my opinion, friendly competition is a good thing. I define friendly competition as two companies creating unique products and ideas that compete against each other. I do not define friendly competition as one company comes up with all of the best ideas and the other companies copy them left and right.

Last weekend, we had a competitor photograph the four corners of our booth. It was disturbing. I wondered how you might react if a similar situation happened to you?

You Might Also Like

4 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. I am so sorry that happened to YOU! but... they can copy you until the cows come home and donkeys fly... but they can't copy YOU! Don't get mad... all they have is a picture, that isnt you or the love and care you show everyone you meet.
    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, good point. I don't think that any of us (my co-workers and myself) were mad. I think we just felt baffled as to why they thought that it would be okay to photograph our booth. Actually, just the fact that we are being copied regularly, tells us that we must be doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would assume they were more interested in how you had your work displayed rather than the work itself if they were taking pictures of your booth from all angles.

    If it were us (which we have done in the past) we would feel free to approach and ask them if you can help? It will catch them off guard and let them know that you are aware that they took the photos without your permission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time, I will definitely approach them and let them know that it is not appropriate behavior. In fact, it is right in the show contract that we all sign to exhibit that pictures are not allowed unless permission from the exhibitor is given.

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers