Jamie Hogsett

Harmony by Jamie Hogsett

8:46 AM

Silly me, I assumed that after the book was turned in and the Bead and Button Show was over, things would be nice and chill and I could relax and enjoy the summer. I was so, so wrong. With the exception of meeting my friend's brand new baby, the past week has, unfortunately, been just awful, with one bad thing after another.

Today is the first day of summer though (and my sweet, sweet Grandma's birthday!) and I've decided my word for the season will be harmony. Things won't always be all bad or all great, but they tend to always work together to balance each other out. As long as the overall effect is pleasing, I'll be a happy girl.

It's like the beads in this bracelet: I purchased the fire agate rondelles and the trade beads from my local bead store, Bead Cache (along with the brass clasp and crimp covers), with absolutely no intention of using them all together in a project. But when I was playing around and stringing them on Red Jasper .019 beading wire with Diane Hawkey's ceramic harmony bead, and a few polymer clay rondelles from Heather Powers of Humblebeads, I decided that I loved the look of all the different stripes and swirls together. To me, it's definitely a harmonious blend. Here's hoping your summer will work out that way too!



Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

4 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. The beads are awesome - so is tbe design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there sweet Jamie. I hope that you find some harmony soon. :)

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, sending you hugs and happiness Jamie! Keep your chin up... that smile of yours will make things all better!

    Love the bracelet! Great use of the harmony bead. Have a super REST of the week!

    {Hugs!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the sweet words and hugs! Things are looking much better this week - hooray!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers