Spotlight on... Star's Beads

9:00 AM


Star's Beads

"These beads are rabbits; they are multiplying in your basement", joked a neighbor when she saw my basement bead shop in 1992. This was the beginning of Star's Beads housed in the lower level of a house in the Washington, D.C. suburbs. The "shop" was only open on Mondays, and people came from miles to select beads and take beading classes in one of the small bedrooms.

I began collecting beads after taking a pearl knotting class while living and teaching school in Hong Kong. I roamed through the old Jade Market and watched men cutting and carving jade and ivory. I went to China when it was rough traveling to look for antique jade archer's rings and belt buckles.

Book - Stamped Metal Jewelry by Lisa Niven Kelly
Local Bead Group - Bead Society of Victoria
Bead Seller - Star's Beads

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers