Travels Far and Wide - 12 Years Ago

9:00 AM

With Soft Flex Company, I've had such a neat opportunity to travel far and wide. Sometimes it amazes me just how much I have traveled, what I have seen and the wonderful memories that I have collected. I was only 20 when Scott and Mike hired me. In fact, I think I was actually 19 (2 days away from being 20) at my job interview. My first show in the Summer of 1999 was Embellishment (pre-BeadandButton), which I think was in Portland. Mike and Scott have often reminisced about my being so quiet at that first show, which they typically always follow with, "What ever happened to you being so quiet and shy!?" Needless to say, that did not last long. All joking aside, from the beginning, Scott and Mike always encouraged me to not only work hard on work trips but to to really take advantage of my time in new cities: take a tour, try a new food, get out and do something.

Me, Jessica, Amber

The first year was a complete whirlwind. I traveled in a group of three girls and we were gone almost every single weekend. We were all still young enough that we clearly were still girls, not quite women. I don't have many pictures from that year, but lots of great memories. 


We visited so many neat places. In Memphis, we went to Graceland. Jessica has an affinity for Elvis, so it was especially meaningful to her. I admit, it was an unforgettable experience.


I remember my first time at the top of the Space Needle. It was freezing cold. I tried to enjoy the view for as long as I possibly could. The view was breath taking.


In Ft. Launderdale, I remember sitting on the beach front avenue eating dinner with Amber. I think that it was one of the first times that I spent a significant amount of time near the beach and the ocean. I was mesmerized.

12 years later, I find it hard to believe that so much time has passed. I'm so thankful that Scott and Mike urged me to live large while I was foot-loose and fancy-free. I travel a lot less now, still a lot by some standards, but a lot less than I did in my 20's. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to travel less! I love to be in my home with Josh and Honey. I love to make dinner in my own kitchen and sleep in my own bed. But, I think that I don't take those things for granted due to the traveling. I also think that the traveling really helped to shape the woman that I am today. Perhaps it is time for a name change: SoftFlexWoman.

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers