Surprise! Bead Soup Arrived!

9:00 AM


Look-y what arrived on my door step from Germany! My bead soup! Woohoo! I especially love the hand painted metal pieces. Red and flowers, it is a great fit. The shapes are new and unusual to me, so I am sure that it will be a challenge to figure out how to use them.  I'm certain that I can make something really fun. This is a treat!


Likewise, my partner received her package too. You can read about it on her blog, Stories from the City of Brass. It was fun to read her thoughts on the items that I chose. I sent some beads, findings and Vintaj brass from BeadWorld in Seattle as well as a pretty Lilly Pilly pendant that I picked up at Fusion Beads. No Bead Soup from SoftFlexGirl would be complete without a little Soft Flex Beading Wire. So of course, I included two  of my favorite colors of beading wire: citrine and green turquoise.

A big thank you needs to be paid to Lori Anderson for organizing the Bead Soup Blog Party. Lori is a treasure in the beading community.  I've followed her blog for ages, but also have had the pleasure of working with her on a few articles for our website. She is pretty wonderful. Thanks Lori!

You Might Also Like

8 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. Such lovely soups, both the one you got and the one you sent! Can't wait to see what you'll make with those lovely components.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow Sara, that is a very pretty and vibrant red bead soup mix, have fun!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. They are definitely red. No question about it. I'll be making a statement piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty soup. I love that red. I'm sure you'll do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you like it. =D When I saw those red crystal beads on this year's Creativa in Dortmund, I fell for them, instantly. I love how the surface is slightly translucent, and the red is so vibrant. And once I'd decided on the poppy as the focal, these just had to be added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great Bead Soup... and I just love the clasp! Have fun creating with it Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the clasp is really nice. How'd your bead soup turn out, Mylene? I'll have to head over to your blog to see if you have posted it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got a fabulous bead soup Sara. My partner, Nicole Rennell made me the most wonderful metal-formed components. I'm a very lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers