Monday, August 15, 2011

Washington State


Last week I visited a few bead sellers in Washington State on behalf of Soft Flex: Shipwreck Beads, Artbeads, BeadWorld and Fusion Beads.


I did quite a bit of driving in various directions to get to each unique location. Washington is such a pretty state, and the cool air was a treat for this Phoenician. I was a little beam of sunlight in my rental.


The first day, I arrived so early that I had some time to kill so I stopped in at the Museum of Glass in Tacoma.
See more pictures of the Museum of Glass by clicking here.


Shipwreck Beads is HUGE. I've seen pictures and had no idea that it would be quite that big! I was given the grand tour of their building. It was quite impressive. See more pictures of Shipwreck Beads by clicking here. Visit their website by clicking here.


I visited BeadWorld on the north side of Seattle a little late in the afternoon. It was the perfect opportunity to pick up some beads for my Bead Soup Party exchange with German designer Sandra Wollberg. BeadWorld was super cute and it was a pleasure to visit with their staff. By the time, I left, traffic was pretty heavy. So I stopped by the Washington Park Arboretum for a walk in the forest. It was perfect. See more pictures by clicking here


Artbeads is an internet company based out of Gig Harbor, WA. It was a beautiful drive to and from their facility. I had no idea that they were located in paradise! Everyone was so friendly and nice. To see more pictures from my drive to and from Gig Harbor, click here.

Fusion Beads

Make-it-Take-it

I had a lovely time teaching a cute make-it-take-it ring designed by Jamie Hogsett at Fusion Beads on Saturday. Fusion Beads is so colorful, lively and hip. It was nice to spend time working inside a bead store, face-to-face with beaders. Everyone's excitement is contagious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...