Bead Soup Blog Party - The Unveiling

12:01 AM







I had a lot of fun with this challenge. I used just about everything that came in my Bead Soup. I added two Damask components from Aria Design Studio. I used the Antique Brass in Soft Flex Beading Wire and Vintage Bronze Craft Wire (which happens to be on sale this month) with 1x1 and 2x2 gold filled crimp tubes to put it all together. I'm quite proud of the outcome and enjoyed using beads and findings that I probably would not have chosen for myself. The hand painted flowers were especially unique.

My partner is in Germany. It has been really fun getting to know someone with a shared passion who lives so far away. I hope that she enjoyed creating from the soup that I sent to her. I can't wait to see what she made!
Check her out on her blog: Stories from the City of Brass

So this is the largest Bead Soup Party yet. Here is a list so that you can join the party and see what everyone made. 


The Hostess, Lori Anderson and her partner, Manuela Wutschke


19. Anna Sabina­­­­ and Erin Siegel




























You Might Also Like

50 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. *insert girly squeal* That is amazing, I really, REALLY love what you came up with and how you brought everything together. Especially, for some reason, how you used the seed beads on the fringes/dangles from the flowers. (I've got to admit, seed beads always give me the hardest time ...) I love the asymmetric design too. And those beadcaps you used on those flower petal bead caps really add to them, I totally need to remember that. Seeing the way you used them, I'm really glad I decided to not paint the inside as well, that golden shimmer really adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that is beautiful! I just love the flowers and how you've made the stemans. Definitely one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the asymmetric design! Sandra's painted findings are always so neat to see. You did a great job with this, and I positively love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Sara! There is something so pleasing about brass paired with Red. I love the focal and its asymmetrical design. Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Well done! :) The use of the flowers is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely piece with such great color

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used the wire with the flowers. So creative!

    I'm looking forward to seeing your book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those flowers, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love what you've created here. The damask components are a gorgeous addition and I love (not surprisingly) the way that you have used the beading wire. It's a product I never use as I always think that all I can do is string beads on it....but of course, that's not true at all! I could totally wear this necklace....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soup-er cool bead mix your partner sent you..which turned into a very cool jewelry piece. A red hot design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors, and all the flowers are gorgeous! Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a very beautiful necklace! I really like the stamens you made for the roses. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really beautiful work! I like this one a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovey and romantic piece! We’re all being pushed outside our comfort zones — with amazing results!

    Enjoy the hop,
    Emanda
    http://artemisiastudio.blogspot.com/2011/09/bead-soup-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just gorgeous. Love those dangly flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, beautiful and unique designs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE that side flowery bit! How gorgeous is THIS???? And I am THRILLED at who your partner ended up being, because on her blog she talked about learning so much from what you sent her. Thank you a TON for participating!

    I hope you'll join me for the next party! The badge and dates are up on my blog!

    Love, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice. The colors look great and your components really work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very creative! I do like the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those flower dangles! Very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I love the fuchsia dangles... it reminded me immediately of popping them open as a child. And of course I love the Soft Flex stamens... they couldn't be more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That turned out so gorgeous. I love the colors. That hand painted flower is wonderful. I never think to let my beading wire show. I always think I need to cover it up completely, but I like the way it shows in your dangles from the flowers. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the detail of doing a lark's head knot with the wire. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful necklace. I love the focal, really amazing piece! The Love disc ties it together quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So beautiful and romantic. A nice vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful, the flowers are ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am finally making my way to the bottom of the list! So glad I made it here to see your beautiful romantic necklace. The color is very me and I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Roses and romance, what a gorgeous necklace. Breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your necklace is really something. I adore the flowers with the fringe. They are so whimsical, like something from Alice in Wonderland. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so sorry I am so late , but my computer dug in it's heels and said I'm nota-gonna go that fast:^)
    Your designs are nothing short of amazing.
    Be blessed to be a blessong

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely! The poppy could have overwhelmed the whole thing, but you balanced it out really beautifully. And the color is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the dangles w/the seed beads - and the whole design,...how it just flows - simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the flowers, love the design - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous, love the flowers and how you've made the stamens...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stunning!
    That amazing focal is showcased beautifully.

    Truly gorgeous work.
    Warm regards,

    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful is what quickly came to mind. I love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really love the focal...and the berry/bright pink color is amazing.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  38. Okay, I really like how you used the wire to create the flowers. What a great idea. The composition of your piece is wonderful! Good luck with your upcoming wedding. It will be over in a flash and you will wonder what all the stress was for. :) Again, Great job and good luck!

    Melissa
    http://design.kcjewelbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful! I adore the danglies coming out of the flowers. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  40. SO pretty! I love how you used the wire for the flower dangles. Romantic and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Awesome job really! I love the colors and the focal on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a beautiful necklace you have made!! The flower components are really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the gorgeous earrings..they remind me so much of the little fuschia flowers I played with as a child and the little stamens popping out with their 'ballerina slippers"..totally delightful.
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  44. That side flower is stunning! I love it.

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete
  45. I LOVE it!! What a fun eye catching necklace!!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers