Sara Hardin

Live in the moment - My bridal shower

9:00 AM


I can't believe that I am getting married in 45 days. Because our time before the big day is getting shorter and shorter, every evening and weekend is jam packed with endless lists of things to do: shopping lists, yard projects, home repairs, dress fittings, vendor meetings, etc. Much like the new Sarah Jessica Parker movie, I Just Don't Know How She Does It, the lists run continuously in my head like a movie reel day and night. I constantly feel behind. 

I was pleasantly surprised when my inner monologue turned off at my bridal shower last weekend. I felt myself "be in the moment." Something I haven't felt since my last yoga practice a few weeks ago. I didn't feel as if I had a care in the world. Perhaps it was being surrounded by some of my favorite ladies? Perhaps it was the setting, Morning Glory Cafe, or that I requested  that we keep it a simple brunch? Or maybe it was having my Mom by my side? Regardless, it felt so nice to just BE. When is the last time that you remember living in the moment? 

You Might Also Like

4 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. Congrat on the big upcoming day!

    I'm not sure I remember when the last time I was actually "in the moment" - good question!

    I hope you can enjoy some more 'in the moment' times before your wedding and then of course, on the big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shel! I hope so too. There is so much to do between now and then though. It is overwhelming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Sending wonderful wishes your way! Anytime I spend time in the Adirondack mountains, I am definitely in the moment! I also remember being in the moment as I was getting ready the morning of my wedding day. As you are experiencing, I had a hectic month leading up to the big day. The morning of, I was running behind and had 20 minutes to get hair, makeup and my dress on. But all I kept thinking was how happy I was to be marrying my soul mate! Nothing else mattered at that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen, I love your story. I always feel in the moment when I go camping. No tv, no computer, no phone. Good point! We missed our annual camping trip this year due to the forest fires. Oooooh, and the beach. I usually feel at peac and in the moment at the beach.

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers