Spotlight on...Designing with Things that Go Bump by Melissa J. Lee

9:00 AM


Designing with Things that Go Bump
by Melissa J. Lee

It's not a big secret in our house that autumn is my favorite season. I love the cool crisp air, the colors of the leaves, and visiting the orchards to go apple picking with my son. So, it's not surprising that much of my jewelry is influenced by fall themes, like the above piece featuring my own autumn tree design strung with beautiful Columbian amber. It's a nice, warm, perfectly respectable fall piece, eh?

I have to admit, though, what I really love about this season is my favorite holiday - Halloween. I love visiting the local farm to pick out just the right pumpkins and then decorating them with my son. I love seeing all of the children having a fun time in their costumes. Most of all, I love how generally colorful and over-the-top the holiday is - it provides a great chance to loosen up and kick back and be a little different from our everyday selves.


Article - Designing with Things that Go Bump by Melissa J. Lee
Color by Margie Deeb - How to Work with Metallic Iris Beads  
Book - Dimensional Bead Embroidery by Jamie Cloud Eakin
Local Bead Group - The Northwest Bead Society
Bead Seller - Beads Beads Beads in Denver, Co

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers