Spotlight on...How to Work with Metallic Iris Beads by Margie Deeb

9:00 AM


How to Work with Metallic Iris Beads 
by Margie Deeb

I'm in the process of writing my 5th book, The Beader's Guide to Jewelry Design. Because I want to make it invaluable, I've been soliciting feedback from my newsletter subscriber list and Facebook. I asked about the challenges you face as a jewelry designer in several arenas: color, composition, style, durability, wearability, and more.

Rosanne Andreas responded "...working with iris/metal beads is a color challenge." Since the topic of last month's Margie's Muse column was "Escape the Dark Metallic Iris Trap," I'd like to explore some of the most aesthetic approach to incorporating metallic iris beads in jewelry.

Article - Designing with Things that Go Bump by Melissa J. Lee
Book - Dimensional Bead Embroidery by Jamie Cloud Eakin
Local Bead Group - The Northwest Bead Society
Bead Seller - Beads Beads Beads in Denver, Co

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers