Jamie Hogsett

Free DIY Beaded Necklace Idea by Jamie Hogsett

11:12 AM

The new year brings a new house and workspace for me and it's absolutely wonderful! Getting everything unpacked and organized is a welcome challenge as it means rediscovering treasures that really get my creative juices flowing. For example, remember this piece? It's a set of z-beads with rings of colored Soft Flex Beading Wire in Peridot, Citrine, Spinel, Purple Amethyst and Garnet crimped to each bead - a fun way to add another layer of texture to already gorgeous beads.
It was made well over a year ago and sat patiently in my old office, just waiting to be turned into something finished and lovely. Since it was one of the last things to be packed up in the old place, it naturally was one of the first things to be unpacked at the new house. I refused to put it on a shelf and let it sit again and thankfully so, as it's now a bright and colorful necklace!

Swarovski Elements round crystals in Purple Velvet, Peridot, Light Topaz, and Blue Violet add just enough sparkle to balance the vintage Lucite curved tubes, while spacers and a clasp from Springall Adventures keep the whimsy of the focal piece evenly sprinkled throughout the piece.
Now I have the perfect necklace to wear while finishing up all the dirty work in this house. College-age guys have lived here for about ten years, so I'm sure you can imagine all the cleaning involved. I just know that scrubbing will seem easier with these beads on my neck!


Guest blogger Jamie Hogsett is the Education Coordinator for Soft Flex Company. Contact her at Jamie@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

4 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. What a fun necklace... the Soft Flex Beading Wire is a very playful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just the most inventive use yet for the beading wire! I love the bright colors and the way this extra texture doesn't overwhelm the beauty of these stunning beads. It is so pretty, and I bet even lovelier in person, with you, scrubbin toilets and such. I can see it now! ;-)

    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to use soft flex...I love soft flex..I use it to create most of my necklaces and bracelets ...I love your design and use of color!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your sweet comments! The necklace worked wonders - cleaning went by so much faster...

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers