Honey-the-dog

9:00 AM


I've featured my dog Honey on this blog many times over the years. I often receive comments that readers wanted to see more of her, especially once I started my own personal blog. She passed away this week and needless to say, I am heart broken. Everyone grieves in different ways. I love pictures. So I spent a good deal of time sifting through pictures and creating a photo book dedicated to Honey. Then, I picked out an uplifting book called Animals and the Afterlife. As you can probably imagine from the title, it talks about where our pets go after they die. Finally, I chose a charm (as shown above) that I hope to pick up and wear that will always remind me of my Honey Bunny Bear. I often relate big moments in my life to pieces of jewelry, which makes sense since beading is my beloved hobby.


She was a special girl and it is still very hard to imagine life without her. So, if you have a fur-baby, please give them a hug and kiss for me and remember to not take a single moment for granted. Their lives are far too short.

You Might Also Like

7 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. My golden (retriever) kids and I wanted to say how sorry we are for your loss. Yup, we know how short lives are and how large their souls are. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie! I am thinking of you! That Honey is a beautiful pup. You have a huge heart to allow her to live in there. She will be with you always in your heart. I love the intentions of Beth's charms. That is a great thing to carry with you. When my Madison died in 2005 we had a children's book by Cynthia Rylant called Dog Heaven. Sweet simple illustrations that really made me feel at peace. Check it out.
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about Honey. Nothing quite hurts like losing a beloved pet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I teared up as soon as I saw your sad news...so very very sorry for your loss :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I've been making everyone cry this week. :( I think it goes to show that I know a lot of really lovely people with huge hearts. I am so fortunate to have so many wonderful friends, family members and even cyber friends to lean on in my time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss. Hugs and sloppy Basset hound kisses for you from my dogs. Just remember that she will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear about your honey. :o( Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers