Vacation in the Dakotas!

2:19 PM

I'm back from vacation and dealing with some very tight deadlines. I've been beading like crazy all day long to try to get ahead instead of feel behind. However, I wanted to take a break and share some pictures from my vacation.

Joshua and I were in the Dakotas for a full week. No trip would be complete without beads, right? I loved seeing old trade beads at some of the museums. Beads were often used as currency between the Europeans and the Native Americans. Here is an example from the Dakota Territorial Museum.


Native American culture is deeply rooted in the Dakotas, it was awesome to see some of the beadwork up close.


Can you imagine how long it took to attach all of those little seed beads? You and I, dear beader, know all too well that this project must have been such a labor of love!

Here are a few scenery shots from our trip. It was such a wonderful vacation! I hope that you have found time to rest and relax this summer too!


 






You Might Also Like

2 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. We absolutely love South Dakota and have been there several times. Every time is more beautiful than the last. We haven't made it as far as North Dakota but that is on our list.

    Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a fun trip. I guess that there are Badlands in North Dakota too. I'd like to go back and see that for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers