Bead Soup Reveal

12:00 AM

Well, I have good new and I have bad news.

Do you want the bad news first? My camera and my computer would not connect to download my bead soup photos. So, I borrowed my husband's iPhone to take new bead soup photos. They aren't the most detailed shots, but they are the best that I could do in a pinch.

The good news! I am going to be the guest on Jewel School for Jewelry Television this coming week. I plan to wear my Bead Soup earrings and bracelet on one of the shows.

August 15-16
10am-12pm (EST) / 7am-9am (PST)
Jewel School on Jewelry Television (JTV)
 Check your guide for you local channel and time!
 

My bead soup partner (Sonya Ingersoll-Stille of Dreamin of Beads) made the beaded beads and beaded toggle in the designs shown above. I knew that I wanted to showcase them in a simple way so that they could stand out and be the star of the show. This is the set that I think I will wear on Jewel School. The beaded beads have a nice sparkle to them that I think will look really nice on air.



The two pictures above are of the same design. This is a design concept that Jamie Hogsett pioneered for Soft Flex Company. I liked it so much that I wanted to make one of my own. I changed it just slightly to fit my needs, but you can find general directions for this design on the Soft Flex Company website. I love that it can either be several bracelets or be one long necklace. This design is perfect for vacation jewelry.


And finally, I created one last necklace that can be worn with the multiple bracelets shown above. This necklace is really pretty. I used the Tanzanite Soft Flex Beading Wire. I am holding the beads in place using crimps and crimp covers. 


The Bead Soup Blog Party is always fun. It is interesting to use beads that I would not normally choose for myself. I very rarely design in purple. It was a nice change of pace. My partner was very generous. Thank you, Sonya Ingersoll-Stille of Dreamin of Beads. And of course, the hostess with the mostest is the best for putting this all together. Thank you, Lori Anderson!

You Might Also Like

49 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. Lovely beadwork on the earrings and necklace! I love them!

    It is interesting that you are pairing blue wire with the enamel beads. Makes the 2 pieces so much more eye-grabbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photographs turned out just fine, your work is beautiful, love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, love what you created. The beaded bead bracelet with the toggle is my favorite! I also really like how the second design can be either a necklace or bracelet. I am going to use some of the wire you sent me to make a necklace like the one you made with the enameled beads, what a way to showcase them. I enjoyed having you as a partner and I have already set the DVR for your appearance on jewel tv.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beaded beads and toggle that Sonya made are beautiful! I really like how you incorporated the tanzanite wire; adds a wonderful element of color to the design. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work & considering the camera glitch
    i think iy was just fine. I'll try to look for yor segment this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your bead soup! I enjoyed your photos, despite the fact that you were not pleased with them! I hate to admit it, but I always use an iphone for my photos. :-) It is so much easier!

    I really enjoyed your gorgeous soup! Good Luck on the show! Will be watching! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the earrings and bracelet. Something I would wear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love getting to see your designs, since I don't use SoftFlex much, as a beadweaver. You really showcased your partner's beads, and also the versatility of the SoftFlex. I really love that last necklace. Purple is one of my go to colors, so I'm very drawn to your pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love versatile jewelry like that necklace to bracelet and back again - perfect! I love the subtle contrast of the blue wire, such a nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I am impressed that the iPhone can take pictures that good. Who'd thought.... I really like the 3 bead necklace. Very simple yet striking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favourite colours and very creative ideas!Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I simply loved them! the phone photos were sufficient :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your beadwork on the earrings and necklace! I also like the second one that is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pictures actually turned out really well! And I LOVE the color palette, and am stoked you're wearing them on Jewel School!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love what you did with my favorite colors. By the way I think I need to take pictures with my phone. Your pictures are better than my camera pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely pieces. The colors and textures are great! How fun that you plan to wear the necklace on Jewel School!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those beads, and your finished jewelry is all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your work is beautiful and I am amazed at how you used the beaded beads and toggle. I've never seen anyone connect them so well using larger beads.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those earrings and bracelet would look awesome on air. Love that long necklace. I've been meaning to work with coloured SoftFlex and your finished jewellery is giving me so many ideas

    ReplyDelete
  20. How exciting to be featured on the TV show. Love your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous bracelet and earrings, those beaded components are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. very pretty designs! i love the blue with purple design

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, every one of your pieces turned out absolutely awesome. You did a great job highlighting your partner's beaded beads and toggle with a simple design and I adore the blue wire you added to the other two designs. The blue really works so well with the purple. Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty colours and great style Love and hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely soup mix, I absolutely love the colors. Great beading work:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Although I'm currently in a serious relationship with waxed linen, I suddenly have a desire to flirt a bit with that colorful Soft Flex wire! I think your bracelet and earrings are going to look great on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sara,
    Beautiful designs. I like the versatility of the bracelet/necklace combo. I think the the earring and bracelet set will look very nice on television.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  28. You did a beautiful job incorporating your bead soup in your designs! I just luv luv them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the wire!! The blue really makes your beads pop. Very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Can't go wrong with blue and purple, my favorite colors~ Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm definitely going to check out that SoftFlex wire. It looks a great way to add color. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a pretty purple soup (a fun color -- mine was purple too!)and what beautiful jewelry you created with it! The gorgeous soft flex colors of blue and Tanzanite were perfect in your designs, and I'm so excited you will be wearing your lovely BSBP jewelry on Jewel School!! love that you are connecting the Jewel School community and the Bead Soup community with your amazing art :)
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice pieces! I like how you used the wire. Ive heard of it, but never tried using it that way. Youve inspired me to experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have done a beautiful job with your soup. The earring and necklcace set are absolutly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the blue wire with the purple beads, those colors together are wonderful. I always enjoy seeing your designs, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love that last necklace. The coloured Softflex really looks great with the enameled beads!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wonderful job on your soup. I like all of your pieces. The bracelet is very kool & the multi-functional necklace bracelet combo is great.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very pretty and unusual design love the idea of the blue wire with purple beads.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the way you put everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sorry I am so late, I have been having computer issues, I know you'll understand! Very nice... and purple is my color!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very pretty! I love the necklace/bracelet combo, it looks so airy and light!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers