Inspiration

Spool Organization For Beading Wire, Thread, Ribbon And Cord

2:56 PM

Now that Soft Flex Company manufactures lots and lots of colors, diameters and brands of beading wire, I am continuously looking for ways to organize my spools so that I can see all of the colors, access them easily and keep myself from going bonkers looking for the exact color and diameter that I desire. Apparently people have a similar issue with ribbon, thread and cord. So I found a few great ideas on Pinterest that I think could be really applicable for Soft Flex Beading Wire too.


Shish Mish Art offers the solution seen above.  Use a simple basket with holes and feed the ribbon, wire, thread or cord through each hole.


Crafty Texas Girls offered the sweet idea of using and old frame and either adding shelves or dowels to organize ribbon. The dowel version would work great for beading wire. I might have to pass this idea along to my dear husband.


Now this is genius, a pants hanger! I would have never thought of this on my own. This idea came from an article on Babble which offers lots and lots of good organizing tips.


How about tension rods between two table legs? I did not even realize that I was wasting space there! You can find more on this idea from Sew Many Ways!


And finally, this slyly smart idea is found on a studio closet door. Rest a dowel on two hooks. Perfect! You should click through to Armelle and see other highlights from the Caroline's studio closet. I'm jealous!

If you are like me, beading is an endless cycle of making a mess and cleaning up. I have found that the more organized my supplies are, the more time I have to actually enjoy beading!

 
Blog contributor Sara Oehler (the original SoftFlexGirl) is the Sales and Marketing Manager for Soft Flex Company. Find her on facebook or her blog. She'd love to hear from you! So, please feel free to leave comments or email her at Sara@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

1 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. I love the pants hanger! I actually just grabbed my old pants hanger not doing anything in my closet and put my Soft Flex and Craft Wire spools on it!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers