Tips

Switch To Feedly From Google Reader

8:00 AM


When I began reading blogs a few years ago, I quickly found that I needed a way to organize and read my blog feeds easily. So, I jumped on board with Google Reader and have been using it ever since. I was pretty sad when I logged in recently to find a message that Google will be discontinuing their reader as of July 1st.

I'm sure many of you follow SoftFlexGirl via a reader and may also need a new option when Google Reader disappears. I’m happy to share this simple alternative I decided to try, feedly.

 
feedly is beautiful, streamlined, clean and refreshing (thanks for the tip, goinghometoroost!). I can’t believe I haven't heard of feedly before now - it’s so well designed and easy to read. I especially like the image snapshots for each blog post. I think it will be a fresh change.

feedly makes it really easy to set up an account and add your favorite blogs. They also made the transition from Google Reader seamless and easy – I simply logged in with my Google account info and all my blogs were imported into feedly and organized the same as I had them in Google reader, score! You can read more on that here.

Kristen Fagan is a multi-passionate creative and a graphic designer for Soft Flex Company.
Her favorite stone is Turquoise and she can't bead without Bead Stoppers. Learn more about Kristen and her creative passions online at KristenFagan.com.  You may write to her at Kristen@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

2 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. I actually first read this post from Feedly - which I moved on to after reading the aforementioned announcement from Google Reader. All I can say, I love it, and I hope it will remain a free service ...

    I did have to add a hand full of blogs manually though, for whichever reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra, I love it too! It's taking me a little while to get used all the different options for reading my blogs and find which one I like best but overall a nice program.

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers