Product Reviews

Book Review: Metal Jewelry In Bloom By Melissa Cable

9:00 AM


Metal Jewelry in Bloom
by Melissa Cable

This book marries two of my favorite things: flowers and jewelry making. I love flowers. Most anyone who follows me online can see that by what I pin, post and photograph. Flowers are such a wonderful part of life. I was thoroughly intrigued when a copy of this book arrived on my doorstep. It wasn't a book that I anticipated that I wanted, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. I am your typical jewelry maker. I collect beads, tools and supplies but don't always have time to try everything. I've definitely done my fair share of collecting metal working tools and supplies. I was excited to see that this book gives some great options for using those supplies. In the first 40 pages, I enjoyed learning about creating shapes, textures, edge dimensions, embellishing, riveting and more. There is not a project in this book that I would not make and wear. 

From the back cover: "Build metalworking expertise by making beautiful flowers. Each flower project teaches traditional metalworking skills that transition from easy to more complex as you progress through the book."

In this book you will find: 
Guide to tools and materials
Metalworking basics
Step-by-step projects with pictures
Flower patterns made in metal
Full jewelry designs using flower patterns
You can buy this book from Kalmbach Publishing.

http://eepurl.com/bW_9zj


 
Blog contributor Sara Oehler (the original SoftFlexGirl) is the Sales and Marketing Manager for Soft Flex Company. Find her on facebook or her blog. She'd love to hear from you! So, please feel free to leave comments or email her at Sara@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

1 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. Oh I want this book....just today put it on my wish list on Amazon! May have to be my next purchase.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers