Inspiration

4 Ways That I Get Inspired To Make New Jewelry

10:34 AM


Where do you find inspiration for your jewelry designs?

Over the years, I've had more than one occasion when I needed to find inspiration to make several designs quickly. This is one of those weeks. I want to show some new designs on Jewel School next Monday showcasing our beloved Soft Flex Beading Wire in its best light. To get inspired, I turn to my tried and true tricks for getting my creativity flowing.

1. Pinterest. I love pinterest. There are so many fun and creative idea. I am very careful to use pinterest for inspiration but always take my design as step further to make it my own.


2. Magazines. Whether flipping through the latest issue of BeadStyle magazine, Vogue or Us Weekly, I like to look for unique color combinations. Color is very inspiring for me. Afterall, the book that I co-authored is entitled Show Your Colors!

3. New Product Stash. I keep a box of items that I have picked up or been given over the last year or so. When I need a fresh approach, I try a new tool or bead that I've never used before. Last week, I tried the Knotty-do-it-all board for the first time and loved it.

4. Sketch. I love to jot down ideas when I am inspired that I can explore when I am not inspired. I can flip through my notebook and find ideas to get started. Sometimes getting started and sitting down at the bead table is half of the battle.

So what do you do to find inspiration for your designs? I'd love to hear more ideas!

http://eepurl.com/bW_9zj


 
Blog contributor Sara Oehler (the original SoftFlexGirl) is the Sales and Marketing Manager for Soft Flex Company. Find her on facebook or her blog. She'd love to hear from you! So, please feel free to leave comments or email her at Sara@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers