Free Project Idea - Be My Earrings for Valentine's Day11:54 AM
Designed by: Sara Oehler
- Soft Flex® Trio - Be My Valentine (Spinel, Pink Rhodochrosite and Pink Tourmaline) - 20" each color
- 3mm x 3mm Sterling Silver Crimp Tubes - 4 crimps
- Sterling Silver Heart Ear Wires - 1 pair
- Wire Cutters
- Mighty Crimping Pliers
- Cut 4 five inch lengths of wire in each of the 3 colors. Arrange the wires into 4 piles containing 1 strand of each color. Choose 2 piles of wire and set the other 2 piles aside.
- Hold all 6 wire ends together and use them to string 1 crimp tube. Adjust the wires and crimp about 1 ½ inches from the end. Trim 5 of the 6 wires at the crimp.
- Bend 3 wires to the left and 3 wires to the right to create the heart shape. Use 3 of the wires to string 1 ear wire.
- Use all 6 wire ends and the uncut strand from Step 2 to string 1 crimp tube. Adjust the crimp so that there is about 2 ½ inches of wire on each side of the heart and the one strand in the middle is about 1 inch. Crimp the crimp tube and trim the excess wire.
- Repeat Steps 2-4 for a second earring.