Inspiration

Word Of The Year Jewelry

9:00 AM

Hello old friend, I haven't been here much lately. I missed you, dear reader! I hope that you have been enjoying Kristen's posts and knew that I would be back to blogging eventually.


Last week, I got together with my best girlfriend and we made Word of the Year Jewelry. We each chose our word of the year - something that we want to focus on in the coming year and manifest in each of our lives. I chose "create." I chose this word for several reasons. Most of all, I haven't had the time or drive to be creative because of my busy schedule. Thankfully, this year, I will be finishing up a degree that has been many years in the making. I am looking forward to spending a little more time exploring my creativity again - making jewelry, crafting, blogging, and more.

To make my Word of the Year Jewelry, I used a Vintaj doorway blanks set. It opens up like a little book. So, I stamped my word of the year on the outside blank and then stamped a few key things that I'd like to create in the new year on the inside blank. Then, I locked it shut with a set of Vintaj lock and key charms. No design is complete without a little sparkle. I used 24g Soft Flex Craft Wire to add Swarovski crystals to my design. I used the graphic cube crystals in 4mm and 8mm. I love the Golden Shadow color! I finished the design off with a nice long chain. Baby Evelyn loves how this piece of jewelry jingles. She is always grabbing it to take a closer look!

So, this begs the question - do you need a Word of the Year? What will make your 2015 special?

http://eepurl.com/bW_9zj


 
Blog contributor Sara Oehler (the original SoftFlexGirl) is the Sales and Marketing Manager for Soft Flex Company. Find her on facebook or her blog. She'd love to hear from you! So, please feel free to leave comments or email her at Sara@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers