Product Reviews

What Makes Soft Flex Crimp Tubes Special?

12:24 PM


In a pinch, I picked up a pack of crimps at my local hobby store. I didn't want to wait for a shipment and really didn't think it would be a big deal. Boy was I wrong! I have used Soft Flex crimp tubes since I started beading and had no idea just how good they are! The hobby store crimps didn't come close to feeling secure. In fact, most broke apart while crimping and were unusable. What an "ah ha!" moment that was.

I now understand why designers are so passionate about Soft Flex crimp tubes. They are amazing, truly! They have double the wall thickness then most - making them super strong. They are seamless so, no hidden seams will pop open when compressed. From that day forward, I’ve stayed on top of my crimp tube supply. Soft Flex crimp tubes and crimping pliers give me peace of mind that my design will be secure for years to come.

As the tech editor of Stringing magazine, I was fortunate to be able to hold in my hands every single necklace in the magazine. This also means that I was the person to restring a necklace because the crimp didn't hold or the wire broke. Usually these happen because the crimp tube wasn't properly crimped or the beading wire is too thin for the beads used in the necklace. My wish is that every beader know the proper way to crimp.

Check out Soft Flex Company’s All About Crimps article for everything you need to know about crimping, including how-to’s, the importance of quality crimp tubes, what size crimp to use with each size of beading wire, plus the number of strands that can safely fit through one crimp tube. 



Question: I'm confused about what size crimp to use with the heavy Soft Touch. Charts seem to indicate a 2x2 but the wire will not go through.  Is the 3x3 the correct size?  Which is the inside measurement - the first number or the second?

Answer: The first number indicates the width, the second number indicates the length - width x length. When using our .024 Heavy, we suggest the 2x3mm crimp tubes. Even though the 2x3 is supposed to just be 1mm longer and not wider, it does have a little bit more width and fits the .024 very well. If you need to match the correct diameter of wire with the correct size of crimp, check out this handy dandy chart above.

http://eepurl.com/bW_9zj


Kristen Fagan is a multi-passionate creative and a graphic designer for Soft Flex Company.
Her favorite stone is Turquoise and she can't bead without Bead Stoppers. Learn more about Kristen and her creative passions online at KristenFagan.com.  You may write to her at Kristen@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers