Free Projects

Keep It simple - Weave A Wire Chain

5:33 PM


I chose the Tranquility Trio and then Green Turquoise in addition. Since I didn't have 8 spools, I cut two lengths of about 3 feet in each color and spooled them up on bobbins. I used the new Double Density Kumihimo Disk as it is far less flimsy than the original foam boards.



I used a Tesori Trovati owl pendant with this necklace.  

http://eepurl.com/bW_9zj


 
Blog contributor Sara Oehler (the original SoftFlexGirl) is the Sales and Marketing Manager for Soft Flex Company. Find her on facebook or her blog. She'd love to hear from you! So, please feel free to leave comments or email her at Sara@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

5 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. How did you do the ends? I made the flat braid kumihimo bracelet so I'm familiar with it, but I'm just wondering how you did it before I go trying it. I don't have a ton of beading wire right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used 3x3mm crimp tubes and a Mighty Crimping Pliers to attach to a clasp. You will want a clasp that 8 strands can fit through easily. So, it needs to have a bigger attachment ring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you run 16 strands thru the 3x3 crimp?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if my last reply went through or not. But I'm wondering if you mean that you passed 16 strands through a 3x3mm crimp tube to make a loop on the ends. I tried making mine and gluing the ends into cones and attaching a clasp to it. I hope it will hold, but I might try it the way you're describing if I can understand it better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I passed all 8 strands through the 3x3 crimp twice.

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers