Inspiration

Kansas City Hospice Partnership

10:08 AM

We love to give back to give a helping hand when we can. We've been working with a volunteer from the Kansas City Hospice for a few years now. Here is a little information about how they use our beading wire.  ~Sara


Dear Sara,

I would like to thank the Soft Flex Company once again for another great donation!  I thought I would share with your readers what we have been doing with the Soft Flex Wire…..my absolute favorite beading wire!

I have been volunteering at Kansas City Hospice for about three years. A little over a year ago I decided to start a “Jewelry for Hospice” project.  I invested my own money to purchase beads and supplies and started making jewelry.  I donate the finished pieces to Hospice where they are sold in their resale shop which is run by all volunteers.  All of the proceeds from the sales go back to Kansas City Hospice.

The project became very popular and I could no longer personally supply the materials myself to keep up with the demand.  I began contacting suppliers in the bead business and the response has been amazing!  Everyone wanted to help!

On several occasions Soft Flex Company has very generously donated to our project.  We could not have made all the jewelry without the crucial beading wire that you have given us.
We have sold thousands of dollars worth of jewelry which enables us to give back to those who need to utilize the benefits of Kansas City Hospice.

I have made hundreds of pieces but here are just a few samples….made, of course, with Soft Flex Wire.





The last picture is an example of how we use broken jewelry that has been donated to Kansas City Hospice.  We use broken earrings, brooches, etc and turn them into new jewelry such as a pendant or a new necklace.


This last picture is my first attempt at this design.  It’s great to use up left-over beads.  You want to use a 12 gauge aluminum wire for the frame and then wrap the beads onto the frame with Soft Flex 22 gauge Craft Wire. You can wrap anything onto the frame including buttons, brooches, cabochons, or beads.  I plan to make a lot of these to use up all the miscellaneous pieces.  This one sold the first day and I wasn’t even happy with my first try. I used the wire I had on hand which was not the ideal gauge. You really need to use aluminum so you can easily bend the frame into the design you want.  Aluminum is also light weight and comes in lots of colors. You can compliment the frame color with any color of Soft Flex Craft Wire that you like.

Kansas City Hospice can always use donations of finished jewelry or beads and supplies.  The finished jewelry donations keep our jewelry cases stocked while I am making new pieces. All jewelry donations are used in one form or another.  If an item isn’t salable, it is either cleaned and repaired or taken apart to re-purpose.  It’s a great way to recycle.

If you would like to make a donation, please send it to Top Drawer, 9433 Mission Road, Leawood, KS  66206.  You can fit a lot into a flat rate box.  We are happy to email you a tax donation form after we receive it.  You can always email me at kckancie@icloud.com if you have any questions.

Thank you Sara and the Soft Flex Company for your care and concern for people in need!

Kathy Corbin

http://eepurl.com/bW_9zj


 
Blog contributor Sara Oehler (the original SoftFlexGirl) is the Sales and Marketing Manager for Soft Flex Company. Find her on facebook or her blog. She'd love to hear from you! So, please feel free to leave comments or email her at Sara@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

1 fabulous thoughts ...

  1. Beautiful necklaces, all very wearable and what a wonderful idea to donate them for a charity to sell.
    I often buy and recycle beads from charity shops, which are abundant in UK towns these days. Unfortunately it's not easy to find good quality beads as most on sale are cheap and nasty plastic ones. This is because most shops sell cheap and nasty "throw away" jewellery, so people buy a new set to go with a cheap and nasty outfit, wear them a couple of times, then take them to the charity shop! I think it's called "progress.!

    ReplyDelete

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers