Make DIY Halloween Jewelry - Spider Web Design12:00 PM
Years and years and years (yes, that long ago), I made a Halloween design that I called my Faux Barb Wire Bracelet.
Soft Flex .019
2x2mm crimp tubes
Clasp, ear wires, chain or hair pick
1. String seven crimps on 6in of beading wire. Pass the wire back through the first crimp to create a 10mm circle in the middle of the wire. Crimp the tube and trim each wire to be 2in long.
2. String one 4in wire through a crimp tube and center the wire. Crimp the tube, evenly spacing each crimp apart around the 10mm circle. Repeat five times.
3. Using both wires next to each other, string a crimp tube. Crimp the tube about 5mm from the base. Trim off the extra wire. Repeat six times.
4. String a crimp tube on two of the legs next to each other. String a 3in wire through each crimp tube. Repeat six times. Adjust the crimps to be about 10mm from the last crimp tube. Crimp the tubes and cut off two extra wires (leaving just one).
4. String a crimp tube on each leg.
5. String a 5in wire through a crimp tube on two legs next to each other, connecting the two legs.
6. String a 2.5in wire through a crimp tube on the next two legs next to each other, connecting the two legs.
7. Repeat Step 6.
8. Repeat Step 5 (To make the bracelet as shown below or a hair accessory. For a pendant or earrings, you can use 2.5 inches of wire here too).
9. Repeat Step 6 three times.
10. Adjust the crimps to be about 5mm from the last crimp tube. Crimp the tubes and cut off two extra wires (leaving just one). Trim the short wires to 5-7mm long.