DIY: Free Beaded Holiday Ornament Using Snow Flake Wire Forms and Magical Crimpers6:00 AM
Soft Flex Extreme 925 Silver .019 - 15 inches
2x2mm crimp tubes - 10 crimps
11/0 seed beads
4x6mm Swarovski crystal rhondelle beads - 41 beads
Snowflake wire form
Chain nose pliers
Round nose pliers
1. The photo above shows what the snowflake wire form looks like to begin.
2. On one leg, string a repeating pattern of a seed beads and a crystal, with a total of six of each type of bead. Use chain nose pliers to bend the wire leg just above the last crystal. Use the round nose pliers to create a basic loop (like and eye pin).
3. Repeat Step 2 on every other leg, for a total of 3 legs.
4. String a pattern of two seed beads and a crystal, with a total of ten seed beads and five crystals. Use chain nose pliers to bend the wire leg just above the last crystal. Use the round nose pliers to create a basic loop (like and eye pin).
5. Repeat Step 4 on the two remaining legs.
6. Use 3 inches of beading wire to string a crimp tube. Pass the wire through a loop at the end of one wire leg and back through the crimp tube. Crimp the tube.
7. Using both wires, string a crystal and a crimp tube. Crimp the tube and trim the excess wire.
8. Repeat Step 7 on four more legs.
9. Add a ribbon to hang the ornament on the last leg.
I hope that you enjoy making these sweet ornaments as much as I did. I am attaching them to packages of baked goods for some of my extended family as an extra treat. They will make the package really sparkle and shine. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!