Inspiration

An Attitude of Gratitude: A New Baby, The World's Best Job and A Wonderful Husband

7:00 AM


Over the holidays, we as a company, decided to cultivate an attitude of gratitude and sharing what we are grateful for. It was an inspiring challenge and we looked forward to every day. I know I learned a few new things about my co-workers - many of whom I have worked with for years! We enjoyed it so much, we wanted to share our attitude of gratitude with you here, in a Thankful Thursday blog series. We hope you enjoy hearing about the little and big things we are thankful for

Today's featured employee is Sara Oehler. Sara has worked with Soft Flex Company for 17 years and is the Sales and Marketing Manager.

When asked, "What are you thankful for?" Here is what Sara shared:

This year, I am grateful that we added a new baby to our family. Hazel is a joy. There are few things that are sweeter to my ears than her little giggle. And she has the cutest dimple on her left cheek when she smiles. All year long, I have gotten to watch her grow and change from a newborn into a toddling baby.  I count my blessings that she is strong, healthy and happy.

I am grateful for the world's best job. I have worked for Soft Flex Company since 1999. Over 17 years later, I still find joy in my job every single day. I love expressing my creativity regularly. I love working with great people that truly care about our customers and their experience with our company each and every day. And, I love working for people that care about me and my entire family. Here's to 17 more years!

I am grateful for my husband. Earlier this year, I was feeling a little ungrateful. I thought things like, "Why can't he put that away after he uses it?" and "Why do I always have to do xyz?" Then, I decided to keep a gratitude list. I kept track of everything that my husband does that makes me happy. For example, "He is an excellent dad and always stops to spend time with our daughters even when it is not convenient for him." Let me tell you, that list was LONG! At the end of it, I realized that putting something away or doing certain chores more often are a small price to pay to have him as my husband. After ten years together, five years married and two children that are ages two and under, it can be easy to forget or ignore what makes him so special to me. If you ever feel a little lacking in gratitude, I highly suggest this little exercise!


~ Sara 


We encourage you to share what you are thankful for in the comments or on our Facebook page. Use the hashtag #ThankfulThursday on social media to see lots of expressions of gratitude from people around the world! It's amazing what a little shift in thinking will do. 

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers