Videos

Soft Flex Live Design Challenge On Facebook With Pulsar

3:29 PM

This year, I had the extreme privilege of getting to attend the Craft and Hobby Association's big show Creativation on behalf of Soft Flex Company. I got to see lots of cool crafting products and test them through make-it-take-its, take classes on various small business topics, in addition to attending a few key meetings. It was a lot of fun. Last week, I finally got to explore a product line that I found at Creativation from 3 Birds Design, which is part of Pulsar. 

 

The pendant on the right was the make-it-take-it with thread. On the left, you can see my first attempt at playing around with the pendant (during a live challenge) with Soft Flex beading wire. I like how the rings and the bottom add a jingle effect. I also like how the wire looks compared to the thread. I used Soft Flex beading wire in .019, Yellow Lemon Quartz and Turquoise (a pairing that I really love and want to work with again). But, I wasn't completely satisfied with this first piece, so I made another later in the evening (shown below).


I like this one a lot. I used Soft Flex .019 again. This time, I used Butterscotch Topaz, Citrine, Spinel, Pink Tourmaline and Pink Rhodocrosite. I tested the idea of adding beads at the top, but in hindsight, I think that I would have liked exposing the wire at the top too and maybe adding beads at the bottom. That just gives me something to try next time!

What do you think?


http://eepurl.com/bW_9zj
 
Blog contributor Sara Oehler (the original SoftFlexGirl) is the Sales and Marketing Manager for Soft Flex Company. Find her on facebook or her blog. She'd love to hear from you! So, please feel free to leave comments or email her at Sara@SoftFlexCompany.com.

You Might Also Like

0 fabulous thoughts ...

Soft Flex Enews Sign Up

* indicates required
My customer type is

Followers